For the most current updates on the EHV-1/EHM outbreak and other associated sites, check out the following links:
- California Department of Food & Agriculture
- UCDavis Center for Equine Health White Paper on EHM
- EHM Owner Update
- EHV-1/EHM FAQ’s
- USDA EHV-1/EHM Resources
If you plan to travel out of California with your horse(s), click on the following link to view a map of the U.S. Then click on your state of destination to determine the import requirements of that state as well as any new disease outbreaks.
Both of the following organizations rescue abandoned and neglected horses:
- Tearsong’s Equine Atheletes, Rescue & Sanctuary http://sites.google.com/site/bigshire
- Saving Horses, Inc.
A new effort to help place, sponsor and foster America’s unwanted horses, A Home for Every Horse is a matchmaking site to unite horses without homes with people looking for horses.
Please visit Horse Hair Mementos if you would like to have jewelry made from your horse’s tail hair. Horse Hair Mementos is run by a local, caring horse owner who wants to help you have positive memories of your favorite equine(s).
For deceased animal removal or cremation services, contact either of these companies:
- D & D Services: 858-279-8242
- Robinson’s Transport & Removal: 858-349-1596